After an anabolic steroid cycle, PCT or Post Cycle Therapy is required to restore the body’s natural hormonal background.
I have to say right away that there will be a loss of muscle mass in any case. The natural level of the sex hormone testosterone is many times lower than the course. Exogenous production is around 50-130 mg per week. Some use up to 1000 mg or even an order of magnitude higher. These hormones are responsible for the body’s ability to build and maintain excess muscle mass. The loss of muscle mass after the course is directly proportional to the doses of AS (anabolic steroids). The higher it was, the stronger the “undo”.
After a cycle of Testosterone (or drugs like Turinabol, Methandrostinolone or “Methan”, Propionate, Nandrolone Decanoate or “Deca”, Donabol, Sustanon or “Sust”, Boldenone, Stanozolol) the main purpose of PCT should be clear. Not to “dry out” as some would like, or to build a little more muscle or even save. Post Cycle Therapy is designed to maximize the loss of gained muscle mass.
The main tasks that PCT solves after the AS course
For an effective recovery, you must:
- Resume normal testosterone synthesis as quickly as possible and reduce levels of female hormones (estrogen), which will be higher than normal in the postmenopausal period due to increased aromatization of testosterone, i.e. natural conversion to estradiol.
- Restoration of libido and spermatogenesis.
- Lower cortisol levels by reducing your exercise volume, workload, and physical activity. In the period after classes, the body weakens and cannot recover with the same force as when taking medication. Without reducing the load, you just “burn” your muscles.
To start PCT after a steroid cycle, you must first wait for the artificial hormone to leave the bloodstream. To do this, we take into account the periods of deterioration of various drugs. For example, this period is a maximum of 2-3 days for methane, stanozolol or testosterone propionate, with a delay of 2-3 weeks for enanthate, susta or deca.
Read also about Advantages of blasting on cycle
Preparations for PCT
Next I will explain how and why the different PCT formulations are used.
Clomid (clomiphene citrate or Clomed)
Weak anti-estrogen, dynamically restores libido and natural testosterone production. The most common drug in PCT. Turinabol can be used after methandrostinolone or any type of steroid including methane, propionate, nandrolone, decane or deca, donabol, sustanon or susta, boldenone, stanozolol. Doses and duration of administration depend on the doses and duration of the AS course. Consider three common options:
- For PCT after light courses (for example, 50-100 tablets of Methane (Danabol) or Stanozolol, Turinabol, Oxandrolone, Testosterone Propionate) 100 mg of the drug (2 tablets) per day for 5-7 days and 50 mg for 10 – 12 days are enough.
- After cycles of about 1.5-2.5 months with multiple drugs, we get 12-14 days for PCT for 100 mg clomiphene and 15-20 days for 50 mg clomiphene.
- For heavy high doses lasting more than 2 months and containing three or more drugs, take 150 mg (3 tablets) for 3 days, followed by 100 mg for 15 days and 50 mg for 20 days.
A powerful anti-estrogen, but restoring natural testosterone levels helps less.
It is commonly used as an anti-estrogen during AS at a dose of 20 mg per day.
CAUTION! Tamoxifen should not be used during or after a cycle with progesterone drugs such as nandrolone, trenbolone, oxymethalone (Anadrol). Increases the effect of progesterone and thus the side effects !!!
You can use the dose after other medicines with a light course:
- 80 mg on the first day.
- 7-10 days for 40 mg.
- Another 15 days at 20mg.
powerful anti-estrogen used in the cycle and 2-3 weeks later. The drug prevents the aromatization reaction (conversion of excess testosterone into estrogen), as well as side effects, including gynecomastia.
The average dose is 0.5-1 mg per day.
Powerful aromatase inhibitor. The drug restores LH, FSH and naturally increases testosterone production. Used both during and after class. It treats gynecomastia well and gets rid of it quickly. It is recommended not to overdose as it reduces estradiol to zero which is not good and reduces libido.
Antiestrogens block the aromatization reaction, increase libido. Since Proviron is an androgen and somewhat inhibits “natural” testosterone production, you should use it at the end of the course or before PCT.
Dosage 50 mg per day, preferably divided into 2 times.
Reduces prolactin levels, should be used with active progesterone drugs such as Trenbolone and Nandrolone (Deca). Perfectly fights gynecomastia, restores libido and increases testosterone production.
The average dose of cabergoline is 0.5-1 mg per week.
Cortisol is reduced by anti-catabolics such as:
- a growth hormone;
They are used throughout the course as well as in the PCT.