What is Halotestin?
Also commonly known as Fluoxymesterone, Halotestin is an androgenic anabolic steroid that can be taken orally by bodybuilders to encourage increased lean muscle mass. It comes in three sizes – 2mg, 5mg and 10mg – and contains a range of inactive ingredients including calcium stearate, corn starch, lactose, sorbic acid and tragacanth (to name a few).
This hormone is similar to testosterone that naturally occurs in your body, so it comes as no surprise that it is often used by men who don’t produce enough natural testosterone (or teenage boys suffering from delayed puberty). By using Halotestin, it can help your muscles, bones and reproductive system to remain healthy, as well as prevent muscle wastage.
But this isn’t all it can do…
When it was first created in the 1950s, it was prescribed for malnutrition; muscle wasting diseases (in men); prolonged exposure to cortisone; paraplegia, treatment of bone fractures; breast cancer, and to assist burn victims.
Sadly, this is no longer the case.
Like all anabolic steroids, Halotestin has been banned by the FDA and is considered illegal to sell.
True, it is still prescribed for breast cancer, androgen deficiencies i.e. testosterone and for osteoporosis in women, BUT you won’t find it legally for sale.
Why is Halotestin used by athletes and bodybuilders?
Simple. For its performance-enhancing capabilities.
In fact, it has earned itself a strong reputation for being one of the most powerful, fast-acting steroids. So despite it being very much illegal, you will still hear about it in the gym.
Why do bodybuilders take the risk?
- Halotestin helps to increase hemoglobin and improve the structure and mass of red blood cells – this helps your muscles and tissue cells to benefit from higher levels of oxygen and nutrients, aiding their growth, development, and recovery from exercise.
- Improves your strength – tying into the point above, the more fuel/nutrients/oxygen your cells receive, the longer you will be able to work out. This helps maximize muscle development, helping you to get stronger.
- Increased energy levels – this can give you the push you need to keep working hard and training.
- Fat loss – during a cutting cycle, Halotestin can boost your fat burn and protect your body from muscle wastage; enabling you to look hardened, lean and chiseled.
NOTE: Whilst Halotestin can rapidly build up your strength, it won’t offer you massive gains. If anything, it is better for cutting thanks to its fat burning skills.
How Halotestin works
Endogenous androgens are responsible for encouraging normal growth and development in male sex organs, as well as maintaining secondary sex characteristics e.g. the growth/maturation of your prostate, penis, and scrotum; facial, chest and pubic hair; vocal cord thickening (resulting in a voice drop); musculature and fat distribution.
Now when your body is lacking in testosterone, all of these areas will become affected, which is where Halotestin can help.
As an androgenic anabolic steroid, it can fulfill the role of endogenous androgens and help you to: retain nitrogen, sodium, and potassium (increasing oxygenation of muscles and tissues cells); encourage protein synthesis; strengthen bones, and stimulate red blood cells.
Halotestin dosage and cycles
We’ve got to be honest here – whilst most anabolic steroids can be used for bulking AND cutting; Halotestin’s strength rests purely in cutting.
This isn’t because it’s bad or anything. It’s simply down to the fact that you can experience better Halotestin results by focusing on its fat burning capabilities.
Halotestin has proven itself – time and again – to prevent muscle wastage and encourage lean muscle mass development.
Is it a shame that it can’t add on mass? Sure. But if you’re competing at a professional level, then it is important that you can achieve the definition you need to shine. Halotestin cycles can help you to do that.
For optimum results, you should only use Halotestin for a short amount of time. 2-4 weeks max. AND you should only have it at the end of your cutting cycle.
Now, you’ll find some bodybuilders who’ll use it for the full 8 weeks. But, using it for more than 4 weeks could endanger your health and increase your risk of side effects.
In terms of actual dosage, 10-20mg per day is pretty common. However, if you’ve used it before and have previously experienced positive Halotestin results, then it is safe to increase your dosage to 30-40mg per day.
Just remember that you’ll have to split this dose in two (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) as the half-life for Halotestin (fluoxymesterone) is 6-9 hours. Also, it is best taken 30 minutes to 1 hour before you train.
Example of a Halotestin cycle: some bodybuilders take 20mg of Halotestin (per day) for 2-3 weeks, before completing their final week on a higher dosage of 40mg per day.
NOTE: NEVER take more than 40mg per day as it can cause stress to your liver. Similarly, if you miss a dose, take as soon as you remember, unless it is close to your next dose. If that is the case, skip the dose and resume your normal dosing schedule. NEVER double your dose.
Can you stack?
Sure! Halotestin is regularly stacked with testosterone and is taken over 4 weeks – 2ml shot of testosterone a week with 10mg of Halotestin a day.
What are Halotestin side effects and dangers?
We would love to say that Halotestin is free of side effects, but sadly that just isn’t the case.
As with all anabolic steroids, Halotestin is extremely hepatoxic (toxic to your liver) if taken in too high a dosage. Misuse/abuse of this hormone can trigger: heart disease, strokes, liver disease, mental/mood swings, and increased addiction/substance abuse. Hell, misuse can cause withdrawal symptoms – depression, irritability, and tiredness – for weeks/months after you stop. Ouch!
But that is not all…
It can also cause all of the following – even if you’re careful and behave!
- Nausea and vomiting
- Oily skin/ acne
- Baldness/hair loss
- Increased/decreased libido (loss/boost in sex drive)
- Change in skin color (cholestatic jaundice)
- Alterations to liver function
- Increased aggression/roid rage
- Menstrual problems (in women)
- Virilization (women) – deepening of voice, excess body hair and clitoral enlargement (this one isn’t always reversible once you stop – thanks but no thanks).
- Erectile dysfunction
- Painful/prolonged erections – 4 hours or more (rare)
- Water retention – extra body water can increase your risk of heart failure (NOTE: look for signs of tiredness, hands/ankles/feet swelling and shortness of breath whilst lying down)
- Hypersensitivity (skin)
- Decreased blood glucose levels (in diabetic patients due to its metabolic effects)
- Decreased T4 serum levels and increased resin uptake of T3 and T4 (thyroid hormones) – although there is no evidence of thyroid dysfunction.
- Breast swelling
- Problems urinating
- Trouble sleeping/snoring
- Decreased sperm production/reduced male fertility
If you experience persistent stomach pain/nausea, unusual tiredness, yellowing in your eyes and dark urine; then you must speak to your doctor straight away. Similarly, although it is rare to have a severe allergic reaction; if you see a rash, swelling (of your face, tongue, and throat); become dizzy or have trouble breathing, then seek medical attention immediately.
Precautions Halotestin comes with a range of precautions, so please bear the below in mind and remember to speak to your doctor first if you suffer from any of the following (as they could impact on your ability to use Halotestin):
- Taking medication for breast cancer and prostate cancer (in men)
- History of heart disease, liver problems, kidney problems, mineral balance, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, breathing problems and diabetes (it can lower your blood sugar levels)
- Your age – older users may experience prostate and liver problems, and swelling of their arms/legs
- DON’T use if you’re pregnant, suspect you’re pregnant or are breastfeeding
Before you use Halotestin tell your doctor if you’re using any of the following
- Non-prescription/herbal products e.g. blood thinners (Warfarin)
Is it worth buying Halotestin and what are your other options?
Let’s get real for a moment and look at the facts.
Can Halotestin produce promising bodybuilding results? Meh. Sure if it can rapidly build up your strength, cut fat and prevent muscle wastage – ensuring you look rock hard, chiseled and defined – BUT it is useless for adding mass. If you’re looking to get big, it is not the steroid for you.
Similarly, given that you can only safely use Halotestin for 4 weeks, its cutting abilities are limited. You’ll have to stack with just the right combo to get optimal results.
Is Halotestin safe? Not particularly. 1) It has got one of the shortest cycles around – 4 weeks. This is because if you use it for any longer it can damage your liver. 2) It comes with a long list of side effects – some of which are irreversible – no thanks!
Can you buy it? NO!!! Fluoxymesterone is classed as a controlled substance, whilst Halotestin tablets are assigned to Schedule III. In other words, it is illegal to buy unless it has been prescribed for androgen deficiencies, breast cancer or osteoporosis.
This means, anything you buy online is not legitimate, not legal and cannot verify the quality of its ingredients. It is fake, and has probably been created in an underground lab.
Add all of this together and is it really worth the risk? Not really. Not when there are legal, safer and more natural alternatives that can offer you the same, if not better results.